

Jeff says it's only because I make such a big deal when Austin (our cat) is around that Cole has developed a fascination with him. I think the fact that he's the same size as Cole and sometimes likes to play with his toys has more to do with it than anything. Pictures from this AM above as Cole and Austin play with his turtle that he received for xmas from Jeff's work. Whatever the reason they definitely like each other. Austin is alot more tolerant with Cole than I ever would have guessed he could be. If anyone else irritates him he doesn't hesitate to let you know it with a quick bite. (and Jeff and me have been bitten a few times!) Cole, on the other hand will get ahold of his ears, whiskers or a good handful of fur and just pull and Austin ignores it for the most part, if it gets too much for him he just walks away. On the subject of family pets I should also catch you up with what what our dog, Duke's been up to. He spends alot more time in the basement now as Jeff has now gotten renovations underway here. When it comes to Cole, Duke mostly keeps his distance since he knows he's not supposed to touch Cole. When Cole tries to pet him he even backs away... I'm sure when Cole gets a little older they'll both use up lots of energy running around together... my guess is that Cole will be chasing after Duke!
We had a bit of a rough patch earlier this week when Cole woke up in the middle of the night two nights in a row... I ended up having to take him back our bed to get him to go back to sleep, and Jeff had to move to the guest room. Cole had been pulling on his one ear quite a bit and on wednesday when he started having a runny nose we took him into the doctors thinking it might be an ear infection. Thankfully it wasn't, just excess ear wax apparently, which we're helping to get out with the use of peroxide drops. Now he seems to be sleeping well, in fact, better than before since we've now started using a static radio for white noise.
This morning Daddy and Cole went swimming, I went along to help out with Cole but just watched. I was hoping Jeff would feel comfortable going by himself with Cole but admittingly I find it tough to do when I go by myself with him during the week... so no mommy swim breaks just yet.
Right now Cole has settled in for a nap, hopefully a long one. The plan for today is to get all my pre-pregnancy wardrobe sorted and back into my closet. Slowly some have been drifting upstairs as I fit back into them in the past few months. Now, I have finally lost all 45lbs pregnancy weight... woohoo! (putting it on, I was extremely doubtful this day would ever come!) and it's time to get the closet back together. Other than that, hopefully we manage to get our tree and some decorations up today/tomorrow. Oh, and a few last presents to get for christmas, but we're almost done. Time to get to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment