Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The New...

Well, once again it's been awhile! Sometimes it's hard to get take the time to post updates. Above, is a picture my sister Miriam took when she was down yesterday (for those of you following her blog --in my favourites list-- you'll recognize it from there!) Miriam was here for a short visit and to help take Cole to an appointment for his helmet which was a huge help since Jeff has been missing alot of work for appointments recently. Things with the helmet are going well... we've noticed his ears have really alligned themselves in the past couple weeks. Hopefully he'll be done with it by the end of next month.
Jeff just got back from getting his haircut... the first professional 'do in a while (although I'd guess that if you asked him he'd say his own work is "professional"!) He's been trying to grow his hair out for awhile now and although many times he was going to just cut it himself again I talked him into getting some style advice... and I think he's glad he did. I'll post a picture soon!
The past week I've been following an elimination diet. I'm doing it to try to determine if anything I'm eating is affecting Cole allergy-wise. It basically starts off the first two weeks with the safest foods: rice, potatoes, turkey, chicken and pears... I've also added in apples, olive oil and Ezekiel bread since I thought those were also fairly harmless and I figured I would need a bit more to keep me going! So after another week I get to slowly add in foods one at a time. So far there has been considerably less spit-up and a lessening of gas pains for him, which can still sometimes be an issue at nighttime. We're hoping for an end result of him being able to nap once again, without waking up every 20-30 minutes. Although my other thought to this is that perhaps it's a seperation anxiety issue. After reading up more on that possibility I have discovered that daytime and nighttime seperation can be two different issues, so just because he's not having issues with his nighttime sleep doesn't mean it's out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment